Wednesday, May 26, 2010

J'aime Paris!

So.

I only decided about a week and a half ago that I am positively going to France.

That being said, I have:

-had five freak outs
-had one major freak out to the point of crying at work I was so stressed out
-almost withdrawn from the program
-given twelve million self pep talks
-made eighty billion pro/con lists
-eaten too much chocolate {and that says a lot coming from me}

But, I also...

-spoke French with a new friend
-was asked by someone at work about the pronunciation of French words to translate them for TV
-have been able to use my French to help tutor my Spanish speaking student learning to read English
-spoke French with a stranger
-met three Haitians {LOVE that word!} and spoke French with them - they said I had a good accent!
-had many moments of peace about my decision {although they are quickly followed by a fresh wave of panic}
-am getting REALLY excited!

Plus I had a great conversation with Shea Whitney today and she calmed me down. Luckily she is a little bit saner than I am.

So for now, I am still planning on living in Paris, France for a year.

How lucky is that!



Peace and Blessings



1 comment: