Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A few of my favorite things...


My best friend, aka my person, and I tend to be completely oblivious to the world around us. It does not matter what setting we may be in, or who might be listening to our conversation, we talk loudly about inappropriate things/giggle/gesture wildly and make extreme facial expressions as if we were the only two people around.

One might say that when together we have the combined maturity level of a 5 year old.

We don't purposely lack regard for others, it's just sort of how we've always been. And to add to this we are not very smooth in most situations. Alone we are fine. But for some reason that I cannot figure out, when we get together we overcompensate and fly into a panic and make fools of ourselves.

It's rather strange.

Together we've been cussed out, gotten in trouble by multiple teachers at school and been far past embarrassed to the point of mortification in work settings. But, I think we are now too far beyond caring what people think so we are even more disruptive, loud, and inconsiderate to really change.

Although we've been in uncomfortably awkward situations, this is one of my favorite things about our relationship.

I also love that when sitting in church, all Jenna has to do is flash me a look and I know exactly what she is thinking (WHY is that girl making that face? or HOT PINK high heels should be banned). I love when we are supposed to be quiet one of her looks will send me (and her) off into a fit of hunched and shaking shoulders, trying to cover a red face, tears pouring out and disgustingly unattractive snort laughing. I love that if we ever get into some weird tiff (usually due to my lack of maturity) we almost instantly move on from it by realizing how much we just love each other. I love that we call each other "my person" and completely mean it. I love that we regularly visit someone's bench at the cemetery, even going as far as cleaning off the headstone, and have been for the past 4 years. I love that we used to sneak Jenna out of her house so she could sleepover at my house, even though her parents knew the whole time. I love that we can have a completely intellectual conversation about some novel or exotic place, shortly followed by "Oh my heck (fill in the blank) is so hot. I mean seriously. I just want to make out with his body." I love that Jenna appreciates the word apothem just as much as I do.

I just love that girl.

Happy birthday my tiny dancer. I love you more than I could ever say!




P&B


No comments:

Post a Comment